RIVERSIDE COUNTY LIBRARY SYSTEM RESPONSE TO COVID-19
The health and safety of our patrons and staff is the Riverside County Library System’s number one priority. We are monitoring the Coronavirus situation closely and are in constant communication with other county departments, local officials and health authorities
Following Dr. Cameron Kaiser, MD, MPH, FAAFP, the Riverside County Public Health Director’s directive issued on March 16, 2020, and out of an abundance of caution, we want to share the steps the library system is taking to protect the health and safety of our patrons and staff while still providing essential library services:
- Following guidelines limiting the number of people in public buildings, we have closed each of the 36 Riverside County Library System branches through April 30, 2020. This includes Bookmobile services.
- During this time, due dates for borrowed materials will be automatically extended, no late fines will be assessed, and patrons can return materials when libraries reopen or in exterior book drops.
- Library staff are available to provide assistance through our web-based service, Ask A Librarian.
- Of course, our many digital resources remain available 24/7 at www.rivlib.net, including e-books and audiobooks, movie and music services, and digital subscriptions to newspapers and magazines, plus much more.
- The Age of Learning, Inc. is making its following products available for at-home use by students during the school closures. For more information, visit www.ageoflearning.com
- ABCmouse – Preschool to 2nd Grade
- Adventure Academy – 3rd through 6th Grades
- Reading IQ – a digital library with books from preschool to middle school
- Holds have been temporarily suspended. When the libraries reopen, all holds will be automatically reactivated and will resume positions in the holds queue.
- You can stay updated on the library here on our website and following our social media accounts
Once again, your health and safety is of utmost importance, and we will evaluate and adjust as new information becomes available. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and we thank you for your continued understanding and support.