About Us Menu
Riverside County Library System (RCLS) is a public library system with 35 locations, four Library Connect Vans, two museums and a Creation Station in Riverside County, California. RCLS serves a diverse population of 1.4 million residents in a very large geography covering 7,303 square miles. RCLS locations are the educational and cultural centers of their communities. By providing modern public libraries, Riverside County, realizes its vision "to be a proactive county that provides community, business, government, and regional leadership." Services including a collection of over 1.3 million books, materials and electronic resources, and educational and literacy, job and career development and life enrichment programs make Riverside County an even better place to live, work, raise families, and do business.
Mission: Acknowledging the cultural diversity of our communities, the Riverside County Library System, in partnership with these communities, provides lifelong learning opportunities through equal access to informational, recreational, and educational materials.
Vision: THE RIVERSIDE COUNTY LIBRARY SYSTEM ENHANCES QUALITY OF LIFE IN OUR COMMUNITIES BY:
- Promoting opportunities to engage in reading and encourage information literacy.
- Providing exceptional customer service in a welcoming environment.
- Partnering with local community groups, schools and businesses to promote use of our services, resources, and facilities to generate support for our libraries.
- Recognizing and serving the diverse needs and expectations of our changing communities.
- Providing access to global information by incorporating current and emerging technologies.
- Creating public awareness of the library as a community gathering place for educational, cultural, and recreational activities.