Mobile Resource Vans
One core element of community services - especially in libraries - is meeting our service community where they are. Riverside County Library System (RCLS) has been doing just this for over three decades. First, with the bookmobile, essentially a library on wheels, to the creation of the current Library Connect Mobile Resource Vans.
RCLS Library Connect vans not only bring library services to the underserved regions of Riverside County, but are equipped to offer educational enrichment opportunities while centering literacy skill building programs.
- Use Wi-Fi, available laptops, and print materials
- Peruse a small collection of books for all ages
- Request and pickup holds of any book in the RCLS collection
Our educational programming includes:
- Educational craft kits for children, teens and adults
- STEAM programming for children
- Raising a Reader – a family engagement reading program
- Adult Educational Services:
- Learning Lounge Services – Just-in-time, immediate educational and technology support
- English Conversation Clubs
- One-on-one tutoring
- Work Readiness Support
- Book Clubs
- Literacy Workshops
- And many other additional programs
Since our Library Connect staff, as part of our Literacy team, has been trained using literacy principles and as such, follow the learner-centric framework of our literacy program, we are prepared to address the ever-changing needs of our remote and rural community members across Riverside County as needed.
Our vans are also always ready to be out in the community and to join our community at events. To keep up-to-date on our routes and upcoming pop-up events, or to get in touch with Library Connect staff to schedule a visit from us, visit the Desert Library Connect Mobile Resource Van and the West County Library Connect Mobile Resource Van.